Dealing with the critical moments of childbirth on a daily basis has not been without heartbreak for Robin Lim’s team at Bumi Sehat: limited funds, natural disasters and an overwhelming work load definitely take their toll. So how does this team of mid … Continued
“Healthcare is a Human Right, but it is not free, someone must help pay for it. We of Team Bumi Sehat are the Hands, happy to do the work relieving suffering. You who help us via OHO are the HEART nourishing us, that we may do service to humanity with love.”
Ibu Robin Lim
- Maternal support including pre-natal check-ups, childbirth services, postpartum care and breastfeeding support.
- Additional services for mothers and families including nutritional support, pre-natal yoga, acupuncture and natural family planning.
- A youth education and capacity building Centre giving children instruction in English language, computer skills, organic farming and music. In addition, a scholarship program that fully supports young people, mostly girls, in achieving their dreams of becoming midwives, nurses and teachers.
- Health educational programs that allowed 7600 midwives and nurses to upgrade their skills in 2012.
- Free emergency Ambulance transport.
- Elderly wellness: supporting walking, yoga, exercise and free health evaluations and eyesight clinics.
- Weekly acupuncture, homeopathy and natural medicine treatments for chronically ill.
- Test and treatment clinic for Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV/ AIDS as well as other common tropical diseases such as malaria.
Five years ago a young mother named Koming, full term pregnant with her second baby, came to Bumi Sehat. She had not had any prenatal care previous to this first visit. Sadly, the midwives could find no fetal heartbeat. Koming’s baby had died, one week before his birth. It took courage for Koming to try again to have a baby. She came regularly to prenatal care, she took the free vitamin supplements we provide, and joined prenatal yoga classes. A few nights ago Koming Sutriani gave birth to her third baby, safely and gently at Bumi Sehat. Her husband cried, because this tiny new daughter was alive.
This project supported by
A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SCHEME INITIATIVE with One Health Organisation, & Sydney Essential Oil Co.
Latest Updates on Bumi Sehat
Bumi Sehat brings comfort to woman in labour with the soothing scent of essential oils.
64 bottles of Mum-To-Be essential oil blend from Sydney Essential Oil company
Birth and labor blends sent to Bumi Sehat birthing outreach in Indonesia
Donate to One Health
Financial donations on an ongoing or one-off basis allow our projects to provide vital healthcare services to an increasing number of the people who need them most – and on a planet with over seven billion people and counting, we’ve either got each other’s backs, or we’ve got nothing!Donate now