Niall's background is in communications, IT, strategic planning and advocacy, combined with years of grassroots activism and volunteering with a variety of ecological and social projects. He has held senior management and directorship positions in the private sector, and has lobbied successfully at both state and federal levels to change Australian laws pertaining to herbal medicines. He's inspired by the potential of the social enterprise revolution to redefine value in a way that truly serves people and planet.
- If you could witness any event; past, present or future, what would it be?
The day the human race agrees an end to the arms trade and nuclear proliferation.
- If happiness was the universal currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Walking in the woods.
- What is your favourite thing about humanity?
That "we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" (Arthur O'Shaughnessy)
- Who most influenced your craft/profession?
My grandfather. He was an inventor and polymath, the son of a famous Irish revolutionary, and a very kind man.
- What’s your favourite word (in any language)?
Wabi-Sabi [Japanese] - “A way of living that focuses on finding beauty within the imperfections of life and accepting peacefully the natural cycle of growth and decay.”